THE PARKING ASSOCIATION OF THE VIRGINIAS (PAV)
FRANK KOLLMANSPERGER SCHOLARSHIP
The Parking Association of the Virginias (PAV) has a continuing interest in supporting education and the educational opportunities of its members, their employees, and dependents. Accordingly, PAV has established a scholarship program to achieve the following goals:
- Assist students in need with financial assistance to obtain an undergraduate or associate degree.
- Recognize academically talented students and assist them in attending the institution of their choice.
- Provide financial aid to support the association’s commitment to advance educational opportunities.
The PAV scholarship is named in honor of long-time PAV board member Frank Kollmansperger who initiated, shaped, and advanced the program.
Depending on the number of applicants and the association’s available funds, up to $1,000 per year can be granted under this program. Applicants may apply in multiple years although preference will be given to those who have not received an award previously. Applicants must be enrolled in the referenced institution within six months of the award or the award expires.
Those eligible to apply are or will be graduates of a public or private secondary school who are:
- A full-time or part-time employee of a parking related division/subdivision of a firm, institution, municipality, or other political subdivision which is a current and previous year member of PAV. The employee must have been employed for at least one (1) year as of January 1st of the year the applicant is applying for the scholarship and must have their primary work office in Virginia or West Virginia.
A dependent or spouse of a full-time employee of a parking related division/subdivision of a firm, institution, municipality, or other political subdivision which is a current and previous year member of PAV. The parent or spouse must have been employed for at least three (3) years as of January 1st of the year the applicant is applying for the scholarship and must have their primary work office in Virginia or West Virginia.
2. Are currently enrolled or have letter of acceptance or registration as an undergraduate or community college student.
- The current year application and appraisal forms must be used.
- Hard copy and scanned/emailed applications and appraiser forms will be accepted between March 1 and June 15. If submitted through U.S. Mail, materials must be post marked by June 15. Scanned applications and appraiser forms will be accepted via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Submissions incomplete on July 1 will not be considered.
- Applicants, PAV members noted on the form, employers referenced, and/or appraisers may be contacted by the Scholarship Committee to obtain additional information.
- Intellectual Curiosity
- Dedication to Improvement through Higher Education
- Communication Skills
- Intent to Complete Program of Study
- Expressed Financial Need
Applicants will be reviewed by academic professionals independent of the PAV Scholarship Committee.
Completed applications will be reviewed, and awards will be made between July 1 and July 31.
All applicant(s) will be notified of results by U.S. mail by August 15.
Successful applicants must respond to the notice of award within 30 days and be enrolled in the referenced institution within six months of the award or the award expires.
Scholarship funds will be issued from the PAV Treasury directly to the academic institution per the applicant(s) instruction.