Frank Kollmansperger Scholarship Program Guidelines
The Parking Association of the Virginias has a continuing interest in supporting education and the educational opportunities of its members, their employees and dependents. Accordingly, PAV has established a scholarship program to achieve the following goals:
- Assist students in need with financial assistance to obtain an undergraduate or associate’s degree.
- Recognize academically talented students and assist them in attending the institution of their choice.
- Provide financial aid to support the association’s commitment to advance educational opportunities.
Depending on the number of applicants and the association’s available funds, up to $1,000 per year will be granted under this program. Applicants may apply in multiple years although preference will be given to those who have not won previously. Applicants must be enrolled in the referenced institution within six months of the award or the award expires.
Those with a primary work office in Virginia or West Virginia are eligible to apply on behalf of a graduate of a public or private secondary school who are:
- A dependant or spouse of a full-time employee of the parking-related division/subdivision of a firm, institution, municipality, or other political subdivision which is a current and previous year member of the association. The parent or spouse must have been employed for three (3) years as of January 1st of the year the applicant is applying for the scholarship.
- A full-time or part-time employee of a firm who is a current and previous year member of the association. The employee must have been employed for at least one (1) year as of January 1st of the year he or she is applying for the scholarship.
- A currently enrolled or have a letter of acceptance as an undergraduate college student or community college student
- The current year application and appraisal forms must be used.
- Applications are available by emailing Dawn Marti at email@example.com or by clicking here (pdf)
- Hard copy and scanned/emailed applications and appraiser forms will be accepted between March 1 and June 15. If submitted through U.S. Mail, materials must be post-marked by June 15. Scanned applications and appraiser forms will be accepted via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Submissions incomplete on July 1 will not be considered.
- Applicants, PAV members noted on the form, employers referenced, and/or appraisers may be contacted by the Scholarship Committee to obtain additional information.
- Intellectual Curiosity
- Dedication to improvement through higher education
- Communication Skills
- Intent to complete program of study
- Expressed Financial Need
Applicants will be reviewed by academic professionals independent of the PAV Scholarship Committee.
The successful applicant(s) will be notified by mail in the fall. A check will be written from PAV directly to the academic institution per the applicant(s) instruction.